Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More than just a layout.....

Many people think that scrapbooking is all about doing this magnificent layout....well it can be just more than that.  One can do the albums or cards, but the newest thing is to make items that are unique and useful.  I've made 2 items shown below that are just as cool as a card or layout. 




I had come across this box which was just an unfinished brown box.  I began to think that maybe I could add some pizazz to it.  I painted the box brown and then put on some patterned paper to it.  To finish it off I used some Mod Podge to seal it all in.  Now I'm able to display it and take my Stickles with me anywhere I go.  They fit so perfectly in it!  What can you come up with to store your scrapbook supplies or hidden treasures?

I love shopping in scrapbooking stores (much to my husband's demise) and finding kits to make.  I found a kit to make a little item and this is what I made.


It took some time to put it all together and make sure that I stuck well.  I used Liquid Glass that I have from Close To My Heart.  It is a great adhesive for all things.....I've even glued cracked plates with it!!!!  Once I cut all the pieces of patterned paper out I once again used Mod Podge to adhese the paper to the wood.  Once that was all done and put together, then the true fun began.  I used some organdy ribbon and tied it around it.  As well I added a beautiful flower around it.  Plus, since I'm a Stickle addict I added some dots and trim around the edges and it was complete.  Now my only problem is what to do with it or who to give it to?????  Any takers??? 

Remember to always think outside the box and literally you can come up with some really great keepsakes or gifts.  Nothing is ever impossible just let your imagination soar!  

No comments: