Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chalk It Up....


I just finished this layout and wanted to share it with you all.  It's a relatively simple and easy layout to have completed.  The part I want to take notice is the journaling part.  Sometimes we find that journaling isn't all that exciting and perhaps boring to do.  But, think about the benefits of down the road when perhaps you can't remember each and every detail.  Perhaps others will be able to understand what you were thinking and feeling either at the time the photo(s) were taken or while you scrapbooked the layout.  Here's a close up picture of what I did to the journaling:

I simply used a journaling safe marker and let it dry.  Then I took some chalk as it will still allow the pen mark to show through.  It gives it enough jump without taking away from the journaling and the rest of the layout. 

As you can see in the rest of the layout, I used all Close To My Heart cardstock and paper along with it's Stickers which are also tough and strong.  I am a self-proclaimed Stickle addict and try to use it on all my layouts.  I highlighted the flower and the arrows with it. 

So now I want you to go out and experiment with doing something to highlight your journaling!  Be creative and think outside the box!!!

No comments: